Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Severed

Daddy's Girl
I’m finding the fact that I left my cell phone up in New Hampshire very instructive about how tied even an old curmudgeon has become inexorably tied to technology. I really miss the damned thing. If I have random thought (yes I am capable of such) I can’t automatically text it to either of my kids or my Favorite Panamanian. I’m sure both of my kids are not terribly upset buy this loss of capability. On a more practical side I’m also cut off from my routine emails from work once I leave the office unless I want to sign on to the home computer. Evidence about how addicted to mobile technology I’ve become is that I now think of that as an imposition.
Wonder-FBR
The very empty house felt even more so last night because of that hole in my information technology world. I couldn’t get immediate photos of my granddaughters which was the most daunting challenge. The pictures I’m putting on the blog today were stolen from their parents’ Facebook pages since I can’t receive any texts. I do have my IPad which allowed the he very needed FaceTime calls with the two distant households last evening. My wife ended up reading texts and phone messages to me from my truant IPhone.
I was stuck at home last night waiting from the contractor (Deckzilla Dude himself) to visit and then some fairly robust thunder storms (just after I finished watering the lawn). The contractor is about to embark on the next big thing which removing the last of the wall to wall carpets in the house and installing hardwood floors throughout. After I got his phone number from my cell phone via my wife I learned he’d forgotten he had a colonoscopy scheduled for yesterday which had the predictable effect on his mobility. While I’m not sure how you forget a colonoscopy we agreed to meet tonight after my return from Cantankerous Friend’s dad’s wake.
I’ve come up with a tentative plan to reunite with my missing techno-appendage tomorrow. The funeral is in Manchester which is within striking distance of my wife and the AWOL cell phone. The upside being I get a hug from both my Favorite Panamanian and the BRS (and probably Riggins as well) before grabbing the phone and returning to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment