Thursday, June 28, 2018

Lugging

Father and Daughter Happy to See Each
As My Son Picks up the BRS at Day Care

The Cantankerous Friend reminded me that I need to stop referring to myself as Middle Aged since both he and I are rapidly approaching what used to be considered senior citizen status. I reject his theory on the grounds that I refuse to accept that appellation outside of movie ticket and various other discounts offered. I, however, was in full accordance with his label yesterday afternoon after lugging 34 boxes of wood flooring up stairs. My order of flooring arrived yesterday at the vendor so instead of paying them $165 to deliver it I rented a U-Haul truck for a few hours. They loaded it for me in the truck and Keene Friend volunteered to help me unload it at home. Sounds easy. It wasn’t. We positioned some in the garage but most if it had to go all the way upstairs to the job site. I don’t think either of us wanted to admit of tough the last few boxes were but as two spry middle aged men I was proud we accomplished the mission without having to call 911.
The Boxes Keene Friend and I Unloaded

Morale was firmly re-established with calls from both of the granddaughters. The FBR instructed us on the proper consumption of gnocchi (whatever the hell that is) and demanded a visit to a duck pond during her next visit here. My son reported in from New Hampshire with the BRS who is already showing signs of leadership. She’s in her first week of outside day care while her parents work and is adapting beautifully. My son was talking with another set of parents at the facility when they said their baby son had picked up a new habit of fluttering his lips to produce a “raspberry” sound. His new talent dated back to the day of the BRS’ debut there. My son sheepishly admitted the BRS had been doing that for a couple months already. Again, early signs of leadership!


My son admitted to a tough time at work with the pressures of a complicated building site. He then made a very telling remark, saying that he could handle anything as long as he could come home to the BRS and the ABFA, of course. I’m glad to see he’s figuring out the upside to parenting, despite the poop explosions the BRS is currently employing.
Preparing for her Next Salvo


No comments:

Post a Comment