Friday, April 21, 2017

Front Yard Plotting

Practicing Silly looks with mom Last night
I’ve already written about the fun and games at yesterday’s board meeting. I was surprised that our little event even made the Boston television news. Who knew they cared about good ole Worcester? I got to work yesterday breaking down the needed changes to enforce the modifications voted on yesterday. I went old school and had dozens of schedules and rosters spread out on my conference room table. It really felt like a round of jigsaw puzzle work – probably why I enjoyed it, a little.
The Two Combatants
The Red Sox further boosted morale as I had their afternoon game on the television in my office and they scored an extra inning win after wasting a nearly perfect pitching performance by Chris Sale who looks to be the real thing. The best morale boost though awaited me at home – some actual, honest to God physical labor. I know that sounds weird, but there you have it – guilty.
The Pile we Accumulated
My wife has been laboring all week cleaning up the former areas of the front lawn that I rototilled into submission this past weekend. It was a lot of work extricating the torn up sod and ubiquitous rocks but she’s always determined when it comes to gardening. She was obviously running on fumes when I got home. I spent the next couple of hours transporting the huge piles of sod and rocks she’d accumulated into the back yard where they’ll serve as excellent filler for the final terrace I’ll be starting this weekend. Buddy helped by urinating on each subsequent wheelbarrow load since I was dropping them off in what he considers his constitutional grounds.

Caught int he Act of Being Cute
We caught the First Blog Reader at dinner again which was every bit as entertaining as anticipated. She really seems to relish the opportunity to demonstrate her growing vocabulary and silly looks. Wingman is a little exasperated with us since we laugh at the looks she uses to mess with him. They’ve established a real bond with the extended time they spend with each other daily. After this we retired to the Man Cave where we’re deep into the fourth season of Parenthood on Netflix, we are truly addicted to the Braverman clan. In the immortal paraphrased words of Rod Tidwell, “They’re all heart!” Morale should continue to advance today since it is the First Friday of the Week and will be properly and less than solemnly marked with a bout of camaraderie at Brew City.


No comments:

Post a Comment