Monday, April 24, 2017

Back Walled

She Chose this Shirt to Wear so She'd Be Striped Like Mom
Alright, pretty tired and sore today but the upside was almost an entire afternoon finally out on the back hillside getting started on the last terrace. After church and grocery store runs I was released to my own devices (as long as I was being productive). Like most New Englanders after a winter which reduces the amount of leisure time outside I was honestly excited about the impending hours, even given that they were performing hard labor. At least it wasn’t cold and rainy, a la the day before.
Front Yard Finished
I made the first of three trips to Home Depot to secure more bricks and cap stones which I used to finish off my wife’s front yard garden wall which came out better than I thought. Buddy took up station on the back deck as I moved operations to the back hillside well within his declared security zone. He was a lot of fun to have back there throughout the day as he revealed a couple of unknown abilities. He demonstrated a fairly impressive slide down the hill on his back and vigorously displayed some hunting technique that resulted in the absolute destruction of an unsuspecting tree branch.
Back Yard Started

About Half-Way on Bottom Row
I’d forgotten how much fun it was working perched on the hillside while struggling to get the base series of bricks resolutely level (or I risk counseling from my Favorite Engineer/Son). I’m dealing with the most severe part of the slope so this is going to take a lot of bricks. After a full afternoon and part of the evening I’m still only halfway on the bottom course but I’m glad to have finally made a dent in the final phase of the backyard transformation project. I’m sick of looking at the barren hillside. It’s in my nature to impose order. I wonder where I got that from? I spent the last hour of sunlight to spread mulch on the completed three terraces - really happy how that came out.
Mulching Results
My Favorite Panamanian bounced back from her Saturday health woes and felt well enough to start on her own project. Since she had finally, at long length made a decision on the paint color and she started painting the kitchen walls. I would come to door periodically to check on progress. I was not allowed inside in my dirt covered state. Evidently the time making the decision was well spent because it looks great; especially since I didn’t have to paint myself. I still don’t know how she can paint an entire room without getting any paint on herself. I always factor in an additional half gallon if I’m involved because that’s the amount that I usually end up wearing.
Painting in Progress
I had some homework from my job that needed an additional three hours after the sun set but that went better than I had a right to expect. I finished up at the Man Cave office computer just as my wife descended from her tinting experience. We finished up with one episode of Parenthood before declaring victory and heading upstairs. I was exhausted after a long day out in the hot sun but for some reason sleep eluded me which was patently unfair. I think I got frustrated at not falling asleep immediately which served to feed the insomnia even more.

Helping out a New Friend
Our joint projects were interrupted by another one of those fabulous FaceTime calls from our granddaughter. She had a great weekend with visiting friends. One of those friends had a baby a few months younger than our granddaughter who immediately began teaching the ropes to. High in the quaintness spectrum. Our daughter sent a couple videos which shows my granddaughter demonstrating her Panamanian heritage in the dance department. If you get more than three Panamanians for any extended time in a room there will eventually be dancing involved. I hope I can get this one to load on the page because it ably shows what a treasure this young lady is developing into. I’ve showed it to everyone that’s come by my office today. 
Full House Weekend Despite Lack of Wingman


If You Visit my Granddaughter - You Will End up Reading with her

Too much Fun Going on to Stay in Bed

Two Striped Beauties in a Funny Face Competition





No comments:

Post a Comment