Thursday, February 18, 2016

Spring in Step

Somewhere in Costa Rica - This Young Lady
I received a number of mysterious late night FaceTime requests that never connected due to poor WiFi on the other end. I’m assumed at that time (later confirmed) these were from my wayward wife as she terrorizes the peaceful country of Costa Rica with some of her most dangerous associates – the PanaGals! She texted me a photo this morning along with a cryptic location, Playa Uvitas on the Costa Sur. I referred to the map to follow along with her adventures since I last saw her in Panama on Sunday. She and the gals, and the long suffering compadre, have cut a wide swath through Cosa Rica which will probably never be the same.
Red Line Marks Her Travels So Far
In news further north, today marks the official first day of Red Sox spring training in Florida. Now there is some news to warm the most frozen of New England hearts. It always at this point in the winter when I start taking the weeklong extended forecasts and trying to calculate how much punch the winter has left. After last year this winter is a total babe. I missed the only two big snow storms while down in Panama and we’re still getting mid-50s temperature. I know it’s a dangerous thing to say or even think, but winter is running out of time; never a bad thing.
Swing it John - We Are So Ready
Speaking of bad things, do not waste any money on the movie Zoolander 2. I made that mistake last night because I thought the original was hilarious as a no holds barred send up of the overly pretentious fashion industry. That fertile ground has apparently been divested of nutrients because this film took silliness to the ghastly level – never a good thing. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson reprise their roles as idiotic super models (I know – unneeded adjective) and are launched on a spy plot which thankfully involved Penelope Cruz.
The filmmakers sacrificed comedy by going for the record on how many celebrity cameos they could wedge in, something I usually like, but who wants to see a pregnant Jack Bauer? I have a personal rule against walking out of a movie but this one sorely tested my resolve. Alas, it had such a promising start; featuring a bullet riddled Justin Bieber. The entire audience cheered for that but it was a swift ride downhill following that high point.

I’d never leave you without at least one photo of Californian perfection:

No comments:

Post a Comment