Saturday, February 20, 2016

First Friday Leads to Trek North

Daughter at Work with Her Daughter and the Office Cat
Even though it was a short work week the First Friday of the Week seemed to take forever to get here. In what has become an irritating development I find myself getting more and more tired as Fridays arrive after a work week; further evidence that getting old is not something to be pursued aggressively. Friday nights used to be the stuff of legends as I was released upon an unsuspecting civilization. Yesterday, as a good example of what I’ve sunk to, I was home from First Friday celebrations shortly after 5pm and in bed by 11pm. I even started a puzzle! I consider these data points as convincing evidence I’ve lost my way.
Yep, Another Puzzle Started
We did, however, have a very good time at First Friday as the Brew City ladies welcomed me back from my two week absence. They wanted to know all about my Central American adventures but I think they were more relieved I was back to help with the “tipping” portion of the evening. My operations manager didn’t show up so the pigeon was in play where it was serially abused by a visiting beaver (see photo).
The Pigeon Indignity
Today I planned on starting the adventure of filling out my federal income tax return with all the attendant pomp and circumstance. I will start that and have pledged not to touch the puzzle again until I’m finished despite the siren call every time I walk past it. The Keene Friend came to the rescue last night when he invited me up today for a catch up session, which I’m reasonably certain will involve beer. So I’ve got that going for me.

Hang Time While Mom Works
My wife checked in from Panama where she decamped from her parents’ house to spend the night with her sister a little outside David. They’re planning a PanaGal invasion of the infamous Joron Zebeda tonight in celebration of a PanaGal birthday (none other the former Mrs. Cantankerous Friend). So her life certainly shows none of the wear and tear I was complaining about above. So it goes. I’ll leave you with some more pictures from California:



No comments:

Post a Comment