Thursday, February 4, 2016

Deployment Day

A very early post today because by the time most of you are reading this I hope to be in the air headed towards my favorite Panamanian. A very nice change this year as I don’t have to dodge snow storms which delayed vacation last year by a couple days. It’s a very early February morning and the temperature outside is still in the 50’s, a very nice switch. I had to do the usual rushing around on the last day of work before vacation. Since it rained most of the day yesterday (and I hate driving at night in the rain) I took a long lunch to drive Buddy down to his vacation home in Rhode Island. He loves going to dog paradise or as it’s known in other circles, my sister’s house. His cousin Remy was overjoyed to have Buddy to torment into playing with him again. We tried to get them to stop for a second to take a picture with my sister and that proved impossible; too much going on in the canine greeting rituals which were being strictly adhered to.
The Closest We got to a Group Photo
I finally had the follow up appointment yesterday with a neurologist about the scary headaches of the month past. She put me through a battery of tests and after reviewing the CT scan diagnosed the headaches as exertion related. She said these should not be a problem going forward and since there’s been no reoccurrences in the past month I should be fine. A huge weight lifted off my mind and I now feel a little silly for worrying about them as much as I did. At least I know now, I’ll just add it as yet another chapter in why getting old sucks.
Coming home to a Buddy-less home after work reinforced how much I count on the beast for companionship during these lonely months. There were also  calls from both of my kids coordinating our link up plans for the weekend which helped immensely. I’m almost in the giddy zone having all of them, including the ABFA and Wingman, not to mention the star of the show – the First Blog Reader – all under the same roof for the first time. By late Sunday morning that eventuality will be realized – like I said – giddy zone.

I Get to Hang Out with this Vision all Next Week!
In a huge win for those of you upon whom I inflict these daily musings I may not be able to blog each day while I’m down in Panama. You are most welcome. I’m not sure the Wi-Fi in the house we are renting is up to the task so it is not a sure thing that you all will be blessed with my absence from Frail Deeds. I also have it on good authority that I will be fully immersed with the august personages outlined in the previous paragraph. Time with them will certainly trump (I shudder even using that word as an adjective) any time spent writing. You can expect a full rundown of my vacation not later than February 15th when I return. Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment