Saturday, December 21, 2013

Reaping Eve Arrives

In a sign the Christmas season is truly upon us, my Keene Friend has an entire day off today so we are off shortly to totally disrupt his day of peace.  My opportunity to reap the benefits of the extensive reconnaissance of my Keene birthday pub crawl has arrived.  An earlier effort was thwarted by an unseemly weekend snow storm.  I will be accompanied by my designated driver so she can finish up her Christmas shopping in a tax free environment.
A Two Pizza Meal Day - Win!!
Yesterday saw me crawling to the finish line of the work week.  I could not understand why I was so tired until my wife pointed out the rather extensive Christmas partying I had engaged in throughout the week.  Yesterday was the last of those with the management staff having our Christmas luncheon.  Everybody buys ten dollars worth of lottery tickets to exchange and we gather around the conference table for pizza and Christmas cookies.  One of the senior drivers even showed up in my office with two tins of homemade chocolate chip cookies as a Christmas gift.
Conference Table Laden With Yet More Cookies
Yesterday was a keto vacation day so I was continually emptying my office fridge throughout the day of all the treats I saved over the past week from the various parties as well as the gift cookies.  It turned out to be a fairly impressive amount of cakes and cookies which had me moaning in contented bliss by the end of the day.  I think I rediscovered the “sugar high” of my youth.
My Zorba Date - So Cute
We ended the evening at Zorba’s – huge surprise there.  I found the room for the exquisite pizza as the wife and I enjoyed our weekly chance to sit down and talk.  While I love this time of year more than any other it does get so busy and there’s this getting ready phase involved which can get a bit stressful.  To reduce the stress of temptation my wife consigned her collection of Christmas cookies (including my chocolate chip cookies!) to the freezer so they would be fresh next week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment