Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cybering Through the Tough Part

Monday are such a pain, especially after a weekend for the ages, even more so when it was four days of pure unadulterated pleasure; except for Thursday night.  Yesterday was also cyber Monday which is the one day a year I go shopping without intense and vociferous objection. 

Christmas shopping has been taken to another level by Amazon where you can get virtually anything and never leave your desk.  I sometimes think Amazon is so successful because it took the pain of shopping away for guys like me.  I’m not talking flying delivery robots or laser messages across the sky either.  It’s the simple, yet significant joy of never having to go to a shopping mall and still buy everything you need.

Yesterday also saw the beginning of the end of the process started Thursday night.  We made yet another journey down to Rhode Island to attend the wake for Miss Louise.  Cranston is a very Italian town as are my brother in law’s family and they had the wake at “the” Italian funeral home with its elegant environment.  As soon as we walked in we were engulfed in a gathering appropriate for Miss Louise.  There wasn’t a lot of wailing or gnashing of teeth.  There was simply an air of loss and shared grief at the passage of this special lady.  My brother in law’s family bravely stood up throughout the night greeting the huge crowd that showed up to pay respects.

It was interesting to see my brother in law’s family show up in droves and mark the familial resemblance.  I hadn’t met many of them but the connection was obvious.  It was a sad time but I was impressed with the genuine nature for the feelings from the entire crowd.  Everyone there knew what a loss the world had experienced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment