Sunday, October 30, 2011

Yes, Dear


Yes, Dear I will Listen Next Time
We've been married almost thirty years and at times we have disagreements, such as yesterday when she insisted I get my snow blower set up.  I obstinately refused as I felt she was wandering into one of the few areas in the house where I have absolute authority.  In addition it is a huge pain in the ass to rig the snow blower onto my lawn tractor.  We had a forecast for 6-8" of snow and this early in the season I figured most would melt on its own.  I walked out this morning and we had nearly 18 inches of snow on the ground.  My very first thought when seeing this was - boy am I going to eat a lot of crow this week.  About ten minutes into the back breaking shovelling I actually admitted to myself that she might have been right (I am a very stubborn Yankee).  After about an hour and half the next door neighbor came out and helped out with his snow blower - which was huge.  My wife, to her credit, actually came out and helped which is amazing since she absolutely hates snow.  We ended up having a great time outside playing with our dog and the neighbor's kids.  In an event that will allow me to mitigate my penance to a certain degree - my wife locked us out of the house when she came outside. I will be eating that crow all week with fond memories of playing in the snow with my wife for the first time in our 30 years together.  When she's right - she's right, which I will undoubtedly hear a few times this week - deservedly. 

My Wife and Buddy the Wonder Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment