Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Date Night Interruptus

I have a 40 mile commute each way to get to work. Last night I had just gotten home when I received a call that there had been a serious accident at work that required my return, right back into the teeth of afternoon rush hour traffic.  Tuesday night is my traditional date night with the wife.  Those dates are usually a dinner and a movie in the local area.  In an effort to salvage something I offered to take her with me and drop her off at a mall that she loves but is too scared to drive herself to.  She thought this was a great idea despite the fact she had already been shopping all day with friends.  My wife can shop.  Seriously, we’re talking world class ability here.  She is currently on a quest to find shoes to match a dress she is wearing to a wedding we’ll be attending this weekend. While I dealt with issues at the office she scoured this high end mall.  We met up and decided to grab dinner at a nearby restaurant, which we did, after stopping at four other stores in a fruitless attempt at securing the elusive shoes.  I usually hate shopping with a white hot passion (no exaggeration), but last night was kind of fun just hanging with the wife.  We ended up having a great time at dinner and were able to talk during the long drives there and back.  Bad situation at work, forced into shopping, no success in shopping, extra long drives transformed into a great evening – go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment