Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gotham Getaway

Today my wife and I head to New York City to visit my daughter and son in law.  He gave my daughter tickets to see Hugh Jackman on Broadway and she in turn invited my wife to see the show with her.  I thought this would be a great opportunity for them to spend time together until they both started campaigning for me to come along and hang out with my son in law.  I initially resisted because I thought this was being forced down my son in law’s throat only because my wife did not want to make the drive. I mean, who wants to hang out with their father in law?  My daughter eventually convinced me that he did, in fact, want to – I wrote earlier about how lucky I am in the son in law department.  So last night we took Buddy to stay with my sister, which he loves, except when we sneak out without him.  On the way home we stopped off and saw the movie 50/50, a movie about dealing with cancer.  I really enjoyed it, sad but ultimately uplifting.  Gordon-Leavitt is going to win an Oscar some day – he’s very good.  The movie had a real ring of truth to it instead of going for cheap sentimentality.  Angelica Huston really delivered as the smothering mother.  Today, in order to make the early afternoon train, I came into work very early.  I do this every couple of months to check on my early morning crew.  I always enjoy the reaction.  I did miss my early morning talk with Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment