Monday, November 1, 2021

Duck Tales

We had a heartwarming event yesterday as BR3 became the third granddaughter to don the Halloween duck costume originally purchased for the  FBR when she still lived in California. All three wore the costume when they were one year old and BR3 seems to be the biggest of the bunch which is probably explainable due to the amount of food she ingests. It was so much fun seeing them all decked out last night. BR3 was bouncing off the walls already because she had snuck a half a Kit-Kat bar ahead off their trick or treating foray. This morning the FBR was back on speaking terms with us so she could proudly display the results of her trick or treating. My daughter was struggling to keep her from augmenting her breakfast with some of those treats.

Over the Years FBR - BRS - BR3
BRS With Her Mom a Couple Years Ago

FBR with her Mom Back in L.A.

Last Night, Kit Kat Evidence on her Chin
With her Sister and Daddy Blippy
I felt bad for the neighborhood kids here in Worcester as there were some cold rain showers throughout the trick or treating hours. I ended up manning the door and watching the Patriots game on the kitchen television because I didn’t want to miss out on the candy doling. There are so many good memories associated with Halloween from my own youth that I experience extreme nostalgia every year on this night. Many of these memories are associated with protecting my candy horde from my voracious sisters. Since there were only intermittent customers each got a full handful of treats which meant we had to make the “cool” house list amongst neighborhood sites.

BR3 Ready to Rock

Riggins in his Lion Costume but not very Enthusiastic

FBR in L.A. 

The First Wearer
The Patriots finally won a game against a good team as they handled a solid Chargers team out in L.A. It was kind of cool that there seemed to be as many Patriots fans in the stands as there were for the home team. That’s L.A. for you. The Chargers never should have left San Diego. I was most pleased with the defense which finally showed the inclination to stop the other team on 3rd down a couple times. Still a work in progress but this could be a good team by the end of the year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment