Monday, November 8, 2021

Dispossessed

Well, not really, but my 2021 winning steak with appliances came to an end over the weekend. My Favorite Panamanian was in one of her cleaning frenzies. In a side note, I believe I should qualify for combat pay during these episodes. At any rate, she was scouring the kitchen and noticed some water in the cabinet under the sink. I moved everything out and since nothing was dripping assigned the blame to over energetic application of water in the cleaning effort. Everything was fine until the next morning when the water was back where it shouldn’t be. I unloaded everything again and tested the different possible culprits. The garbage disposal was the criminal. It still works fine except for a constant drip whenever water enters that side of the double sink.

Shoulder Rides
FBR Putting Leaves under my Hat
So, the plumber will be here tomorrow to install a new disposal. It’s something I could probably do myself but when it comes to electricity and plumbing, I always veer towards using the professionals. Experience can be a hard teacher in that regard, but I digress. We were juggling a lot of activities this morning because we had to drop off the car for a service but my Favorite Panamanian had also volunteered for garden work at our church. Luckily our dealer provides a shuttle service which allowed me the opportunity to experience a genuine effort at setting a land speed record for the trip to our house from a very nice and speedy young man. I would have lost serious cool points if I’d objected, especially given my driving style.

We had the rare quiet weekend which was needed after several days trying to keep up with the FBR. Those shoulder workouts helped when it came time to provide the seemingly obligatory shoulder rides. I’m waiting to see who outgrows the rides first, her or me. Old friend Dexter Morgan was back on TV last night which was a lot of fun, especially since they shot a lot of the series in the local area over the past year. Still weird to have a serial killer as a hero but it improbably works and getting him out of Miami was a great idea. I spent yesterday in close communion with the football gods through their chosen medium, the NFL Red Zone. The Patriots, while no one was watching, have turned into a formidable team with their third straight win. The mad genius Belichick has built another winner that the rest of league should be worried about.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment