Thursday, September 23, 2021

Initial Entry

It’s been a fairly quiet week at the casa, except for the whole street replacement project but even that has calmed down for the past couple days with no progress except for hot pink manhole covers. As usual I depend on the granddaughter elements to liven things up and was rewarded last night on a couple fronts. First of all, BR3 now smiles on command which should greatly assist when it comes to photo opportunities where it’s always been a struggle to capture her silly side. This, just in time for her christening this upcoming weekend.

The Log In
Meanwhile in New Jersey, we had a very abbreviated Facetime call with the FBR last night but we were treated to a landmark event. The FBR received a free laptop when she entered school this year and yesterday was the first time hey worked on it class. Last night she demonstrated how she could enter her login and password. It was definably a passing of the torch moment as I’m sure in a few years she’ll be reworking all of my IT needs. I marveled at my son’s and daughter’s prowess (compared to mine) but they didn’t have computers until junior high. The three newest additions to the family will grow up surrounded by them, for good and bad.

Yesterday also saw the advent of my favorite season, autumn (and not just because of the attendant pub crawls). At least that’s what the calendar said, but with temps in the 80s and high humidity, this is not the autumn I remember from my youth. I’m still going to enjoy the falling temps and leaves changing colors. After being completely around the world and living in some places some would label paradise, I still harken back to New England in the fall as being heaven on earth, superior to all (and there are the pub crawls).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment