Friday, August 13, 2021

Wing-Mission Complete

Today marked a significant event in the New Jersey element’s family history Wingman’s mom move from her home in Missouri was completed early this afternoon. Since she will now be a much bigger and most welcome addition to family events here in the Northeast. She certainly needs a Frail Deeds nickname, which, after a modicum of thought, I’ve arrived at the most obvious, Wingmom. Wingmom and her son drove across the states over the last few days with a faulty air conditioner, a flatulent dog (Harley) and Sunshine the cat. I think they are authorized to feel a little tired after their long trip. Luckily, they arrived on the First Friday of the Week, so they can avail themselves of the rejuvenating powers of that important event. It will be so good to have Wingmom around for future family gatherings.

Wingmom and Wingman Moving in
FBR Welcome Message
The FBR was actually quivering with excitement to have her grandmother in full time residence but also to finally have a dog in her cat infested home as well. The FBR has fully inherited our family gene when it comes to love of canines but has been thwarted so far in her short life by two cat loving parents. I can’t wait to see the reaction when she arrives in a little bit form camp. I’ve tried to warn Harley that his life is about to change radically. The initial meetings between the resident cat, Pee Wee (my newest best friend), and the newly arrived animals went better than expected with only minor hissing. Pee Wee and Harley took up begging stations on either side of Wingmom during lunch.

FBR and Abuela Last Night
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment