Friday, August 6, 2021

Reunited and it Feels as it Should

I haven’t written in a couple days because I was in the middle of deployment operations. We were summoned to New Jersey to perform child care activities which is a corollary maneuver in support of the main effort which is the move of Wingman’s mom. She is moving from the wilds of Missouri to live with her son, my daughter and the FBR. Wingman flies out next week to link up with her while we perform child care while my daughter works upstairs and Wingman drives across the country with his mom. We came a little early in order to give the FBR’s parents a weekend to themselves in NYC.

With my Favorite Bacon Thief Again
We drove down yesterday and while we made good time I could feel the summer traffic maelstrom building up behind us. I think if we had left an hour later the trip would have taken a couple hours longer, God forbid we had to travel today, on a summer Friday. We could have left an hour earlier in I didn’t have to contend with my usual cat herding session of getting my Favorite Panamanian into the car. Our resident PanaGal remains on house watching duty back home trying to figure out how to get to Niagara Falls for a visit.

Inquiry into Transgressions

Ice Cream Truck!!

We arrived in time to accompany Wingman to pick up the FBR from her summer day camp. She was appropriately pleased to see me although pointing out the resident ice cream truck also took a high priority. Apparently, she hadn’t had the best day, behavior wise, as reported by the counselors. She was very crafty in avoiding remembering exactly what her transgression was when questioned by her parents. Wingman commented that she could tell him every little thing she and her friends did at day camp except in this incident. The kid has the early signs of being a lawyer. It turned out the violation was more of a group effort by her associates.

A New Soccer Goal Tested with her Abuela

New Clothes, Of Course
We returned home, after patronizing the ice cream truck, of course, and went through the ritualistic grandparent gift giving that seems to happen any time we visit granddaughters.  The FBR was very complimentary of her abuela’s shopping prowess, something that needs no reinforcement, from my perspective. Soon enough, the FBR headed upstairs well after her usual bed time but still too early in grandparent sensibilities (parents rightfully know better) and the FBR retired for the night. I had a great evening watching television together with and getting caught up with my daughter. Predictably she hooked me on yet another tv series I’m going to have to watch, Happy Endings. We also watched the first two episodes of the new season of Ted Lasso which has lost nothing off its premiere season excellence. Looking forward to an entire week of FBR hijinks.

Pee Wee and I have Learned to Co-Exist
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment