Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Well That Was Fun

I left yesterday’s colonoscopy with a newfound appreciation for the anesthesiologist. They gave me the same drug that killed Michael Jackson and I can understand why that wierdo wanted it. I was going through the usual indignities as they set me up for that all too fun procedure when they squirted the drug into the IV and told me I would feel something spicy in my veins. That was an accurate description for the bizarre sensation of all the blood vessels in my chest feeling “spicy”. I told them that and what seemed to be a couple seconds later woke up in the recovery room.
A full hour and the entire procedure were behind me (in more ways than one). I remember immediately thinking, “Whooah, that was some good stuff!”. The results weren’t as good as my prior iterations and I’ll have to go back in three years for another one. Yay! My Favorite Panamanian was in close to panic mode until we spoke with Great Aunt equipped with her nurse knowledge and she was able to assure my wife I wasn’t imminent danger. Speaking of my Favorite Panamanian, yesterday afternoon turned out to be a lot scarier than the surgical procedure. One of the after effects of the wonder drug meant I couldn’t drive for the rest of the day. As we sped (literally) off to the requisite cheeseburger I realized I normally don’t co-pilot for my wife unless I’ve had a few beers. I’m not sure I was ready for that experience fully sober and the wonder drug’s effects didn’t help at all. We used the rest of the afternoon to knock out some errands including getting her car inspected and washed. I did say she was driving, didn’t I?
FBR(r) and her Chinese Food Eating Team
The granddaughters were in fine form last night during our video calls. The BRS has some very definite ideas about how to wear her dinner and wasn’t all too receptive to my Favorite Son’s attempt to clean her up. I love to see the BRS walking around. She saunters with definite attitude, almost daring someone to mess with her. I think my son and the ABFA are in for a serious amount of fun with her. The FBR was finally communicative again. She even whispered some secrets to us. She was coming off a hugely successful Chinese restaurant experience. My daughter and Wingman had joined up with the parents of some of the FBR’s closest friends for the trip to the restaurant. They had a huge plate of food that the FBR kept encouraging her friends that it was their sacred mission to finish off. Apple and tree comments are appropriate at this time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment