Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Dietary Conundrum


Based on my recent delving my Favorite Panamanian has decided I need to change my food and beverage consumption protocols. As I’m getting older I’m starting to think that may not be a bad idea. Wingman put it pretty succinctly a couple days ago, “You’ve had a good run, now’s the time to decide if you want a lot more years or just a few”. The primary target of my wife’s dietary campaign will be the amount of red meat I devour which even I will admit is excessive, maybe even impressive. Dead animal flesh has been a staple of my diet ever since I escaped my mother and the requisite/hated preponderance of vegetables. More to follow as we explore options.
FBR Created her Own Tie Dye Shirt!
My wife is more than a little distracted right now which is good news on the subject of the preceding paragraph. My mother in law is due in tomorrow night so my Favorite Panamanian has been on a month long cleaning binge scouring the already clean house to antiseptic levels. I’ve learned not comment on this because I usually get my head handed to me while simultaneously questioning my priorities in life. It will settle down once she arrives and my wife will unconsciously adopt a more circumspect approach because my mother in law loves me. It’s not what you know, etc, etc.
Date night yesterday so we somehow ended up at the movie theater and saw Spiderman Far From Home. The action takes place shortly after the events of the Avenger Infinity War and there are some very funny bits about the five years half the population went missing. Tom Holland really inhabits the part now although he can be a bit whiny at times. Luckily he has Zendaya around to give him a needed edge. The plot is timely as it explores deceptions within illusions as to what people think they’re seeing both in the news and directly in front of them. Who can you trust to tell the truth could be the defining lament of the current era. Peter Parker is on a school trip to Europe and trying to avoid responsibility as any self-respecting high school senior would. This follows the well-worn but still immensely entertaining Marvel formula of well-paced action and sneaky bits of humor liberally laced throughout. In the end this felt more like a resetting of the Marvel universe following the climatic events of the Infinity War and they did it with their usual aplomb. Marvel has lost nothing off their fast ball, loved it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment