Friday, December 14, 2018

Long Days

FBR at the Beginning of her Very Long Day

Apparently “long” days were in vogue yesterday. My Favorite Panamanian continued her Christmas cookie baking while I was back behind a paint brush. This was expected. Totally unexpected was our video conversation with the FBR. She was eating dinner when I asked her how her day went and she replied with a dramatic sigh and said “long”. She obviously picked this up from listening to adult conversations but my stunned daughter came over from the kitchen after hearing this. We both had a very good laugh as the FBR explained why her day was so long with an appropriate level of gravitas. Hilarious.
She is a Very Busy Young Lady
My Favorite Son has fought his way through his bout with the stomach flu but the ABFA picked up the baton from him and is not in the middle of her own fight with it. The BRS was blithely unaware of the infirmities of her parental units as she motored around the living room with my son in trail. She finds every opportunity to grab something and pull herself to her feet. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year with these two running around.
The Wife's Stockpile
My wife finished the cookie baking around midnight last night. She has a veritable cache of the sweet stuff. I was called upon to sample each type as they came out and I manfully stepped up to the task. It’s funny how many memories are tied to the taste of certain things. I spent the evening up in the new addition where I painted the ceiling and walls of the new hallway as well as the soon to be installed baseboards. I felt absolutely productive except for the whole back pain that seems to accompany all physical labor nowadays. The bathroom vanity counter will be installed today and the Dude is up on the roof finishing the outside work (finally). I’m taking a day off from work next week to help construct the massive new closet and we are closing on the finish line.
My Project Last Night - Freshly Painted Ceiling and Walls
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment