Monday, December 10, 2018

Caving in

BRS Resting After Power Eating

Both my Favorite Panamanian and I took advantage of the cozy confines of the Man Cave yesterday to ward off the after effects of our annual Christmas Party which, as required, took no prisoners. This is usually a solitary requirement for me but my wife admitted a need for rest after her Herculean efforts over the past couple weeks. The Maine Musquetera departed early in the day since she had to get back to the north for a Hanukah party – she is relentless.
FBR - Daddy's Little Helper
We had a hilarious FaceTime call with the BRS over breakfast on Saturday. My son called because the BRS was demonstrating what I could only label as Power Eating. Every time she received a bite of food from the ABFA she let out a loud and thunderous yell – evidently very proud of her efforts. It was hysterically funny as the volume belied her small stature. She is going to be a character.

Her cousin, the FBR had scant time to bestow on mere grandparents. She volunteered that she would be assisting my daughter in the preparation of Christmas cookies in the upcoming weeks and even promised to bring some north with her for the holidays. Wingman was sound asleep on the couch after a late night at his new job and the FBR had assisted by piling several books on top of her sleeping dad’s head.

Today, however, is Monday(and all that entails). I was greeted at the door of my office by the Union business agent who wanted to harangue me for the first thirty minutes of the work week – lovely. After watching yet another south Florida debacle for the Patriots yesterday which I’m still trying to process (those plays never work!) I was in no mood. Christmas is, however, right around the corner where I get to spend time two granddaughters for the first time. The BRS might even teach me about power eating.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment