Tuesday, November 13, 2018

C & B Start to Week

FBR Helping Wingman with Leaves
Some Mondays are tougher than others. Yesterday certainly qualified as one of the worst. On one hand it felt good to get back to being productive (well, as productive as I usually am) at work. On other hand the past week and a half of pell-mell travel caught up with me. It didn’t help that I returned home to find barely minimal progress had been made on the renovation project. I was all set to have a confrontation with Deckzilla Dude when I found it he’d actually been hospitalized for a couple days last week, so understandable if frustrating.
Pee Wee Does Not look Pleased at Photo Op

Back in Action

I feel so much better this morning so apparently, at my advanced age, it takes two solid nights of sleep to counteract my aggressive travel tendencies, good to know. I’m sharing some more photos from the past magical weekend because I do not want to let it go. There is a couple that my daughter sent us shortly after our departure. The FBR was crying about our leaving despite the fact she initially refused to even say goodbye (threenager denial tactics). She finally told her mother that she was okay because she would be seeing us in one week for Thanksgiving and hearts started melting all over again.
FBR Sadness 

Wingman’s mom also sent the accompanying pictures from the diner on Sunday. It’s interesting because in one you can see the BRS keeping a watchful eye on me. For some reason I’ve assumed very suspect status in her world. She would bestow one of her megawatt smiles on anyone but as soon as she saw me the smile disappeared and she carefully maintained eye contact with an accompanying deadpan, very suspicious look on her face. My wife takes a lot of pleasure in my BRS demotion because of the exalted status I hold in the FBR’s world.
The Very Fun Sunday Brunch

From the Other End of Table
Note Death Stare Aimed at me by BRS
C & B = Crash and Burn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involed in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment