Monday, May 21, 2018

Peace

1st Horseback Ride Ever

After the gyrations of Saturday chronicled in yesterday’s blog post my body decreed a peaceful Sunday was required. I was in no position to argue. The only problem of bringing the next generation into our McShawn’s night is that they continue to pound beers at a time I’m accustomed to start slowing intake enough to pass the hour long drive home comfortably (as a passenger). I’m enough of a competitor not to abstain from the challenge their pace required but, as I said, my body was in intense repair mode.
The Llama Feed


Daughter (2d from r) Had an 80's Themed Party Saturday Night
My wife made it easy on me as she snuck away to the movies and a spontaneous Latina Mafia get together that consumed most of the day. I was therefore completely unsupervised for the needed recovery period. That period was, needless to say, spent primarily in the Man Cave with the Red Sox and an overly long DVR list. I also went downhill for a quick movie for part of the afternoon. My body thanked me profusely although this morning’s swim was “creaky” at best. Speaking of creaky a friend posted this photo of the Cantankerous Friend from his illustrious high school track and field career.
He's on Far Right
Unfortunate Headline - So they Looked like #2 - You do the Math
The FBR had a very eventful Sunday as the town of Maplewood hosted a community event that shut down the main street and brought in some animal exhibits. The FBR’s recent zoo experiences dictated that she had to part of that action. She also accomplished her first ever horse ride along with the llama and goat feeding. She was too busy tossing Wingman’s backgammon pieces around to talk with me until I asked about the horse. She then went to fully explain just how big the horse was.
The movie I went to see what Breaking In which was barely okay. The premise had Gabrielle Union playing the mother of two children tasked with closing up her recently deceased father’s remote mansion. Her father had amassed an ill-gotten fortune that attracted a clownishly incapable quartet of bad guys. The gang traps her outside the mansion while terrorizing the kids inside. While Union is quite a talented actress she wasn’t really believable as an action star and seemed to conjure capabilities out of thin air when needed. It’s lucky she wasn’t up against the first team as the bad guys can’t get out of their own way, especially when the script called for Union to stage some unbelievable ploy. Richard Cabral was the only actor who pulled off the bad guy act and he was menacing enough for the entire gang. Well staged but some gaping plot holes that even this crew of misbegotten thieves could have driven through hurt this.

No comments:

Post a Comment