Wednesday, May 9, 2018

New England Spring

3 Months old!!!!!!

I somewhat hesitantly proclaim that spring has arrived in New England. Any long standing resident will understand my trepidation at the proclamation. Less than three weeks after last using a snow shovel I was out mowing what remained of my lawn. I’m noticing the impact of the year that has passed in terms of wear and tear on the body as well. All of this should be a lot easier than it was. My knee is reminding me a little more forcefully that its best days are far behind it. I also spent a hefty amount of time dodging the sprinkler I set up to deluge the hydro-seeded portion of what used to be the front lawn. Either I’m getting slower or the sprinklers faster.
My wife returned home from yet another flower buying expedition, another annual rite of spring passage. She spent a lot of time on the phone last night with our daughter counseling her through the preparing of the Panamanian national dish – Arroz con Pollo. My Favorite Panamanian was very proud that her daughter wanted to prepare the dish for an international food event she was involved in. The FBR did not seem all that impressed and contented herself with a ravenous demolition of ravioli during our call.
The biggest news of the day however was the three month anniversary of the BRS’ arrival on the scene. The ABFA posted this picture which shows how far she’s come in those ninety days. She was reportedly a little grumpy last night, probably because her parents hadn’t taken her out to celebrate the day. I’m really looking forward to having both of the future blog readers under my roof on Saturday.
Date night had us at the movie theater to see the remake of Overboard. They did the old gender switch on the 1980s Goldie Hawn-Kurt Russel rom-com. A very rich Mexican falls off his yacht and washes ashore with amnesia. He’s scooped up by a single mom he recently disrespected who convinces him he’s her husband. Her entire circle of friends take part in the deception as the pampered rich boy starts working to support his family. There wasn’t the same level of chemistry between the leads as in the first movie but that would be an improbably high expectation. This is a nice simple and at times very funny movie ably handled in almost workman like fashion. There are some very cute allusions to other movies as well, such a one armed police chief named Brody taking a report on a shark attack. In the end this was nothing to write home about but a lot of harmless fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment