Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Musquetera Drive By

The Two Musqueteras Yesterday

Yesterday should have been a recuperative day after a weekend of too much diversion. It would have been except my wife was expecting the Maine Musquetera to stop by on her way to Pennsylvania. The Maine Musquertera’s daughter is somehow already graduating from college. I find this way too hard to credit since it seems like yesterday she was a tiny little gal running around the edges of the adult conversations. The two musqueteras had not seen each other for much longer than usual, dating back to before Christmas. Of course there have been innumerable hours devoted to each other over the air waves during the intervening time.
Our New Vacuum Cleaner
These two are sisters of the heart and I was just finishing my own lunch when she and her husband pulled into the driveway. I was bummed that I had to head back to work, not the least of reasons being she appeared to arrive bearing cupcakes (she’s a professional baker). The two sisters were soon into one of their patented deep conversations. I think my wife realized I was leaving but I couldn’t testify to that.
Keene Friend and my Son With the BRS
My wife saw yesterday’s blog post and said I neglected to include some important photos she took which I rectify by including today. One of the “big” events of the Mother’s Day weekend was the gift I gave my wife. I bought one of those I-Robot automatic vacuum cleaners since I knew my daughter would be on hand to help us set up the technology involved. It now sets out at 2am each morning to vacuum the entire downstairs. While my wife slept through it both of the first two nights, my life in the infantry “blessed” me with a very light wakening trigger. I woke up each night hearing it gently bump into things downstairs. It’s pretty cool though and does a very thorough job. For all you haters out there prepared to take me to task for gifting a vacuum cleaner to my wife I also gave her a very generous gift card to spend wherever she wants to (so there).
The FBR Modeling a New Dress

Oh My!

She Burrowed into my Wife's Closet and Found
a Present for her Mother

She The Sought out a a Mirror to Model the Panamanian Handbag 

The Best
I also finally hung up the grave marker for the three dogs’ ashes I buried late last year on the back hill. Great Aunt, who loved Skyla, Estrella, and Buddy every bit as much as we did, gifted a hanging tribute and solar power night light that was a perfect accompaniment to the big rock I placed over their final resting place. I thought of the three dogs when I bought vacuum since while all three donated vast amounts of fur to the floor there was never any crumbs to worry about in the kitchen during their vigilant lives.
The Dogs' Nighlight

I took one for the team last night and went to see Life of the Party which isn’t exactly in my wheelhouse. I’ve always loved Melissa McCarthy and she does what she can with an interesting concept but an overall weak script. She plays a housewife dumped by her husband who decides to return to complete her senior year in college alongside her horrified daughter. The interactions with her daughter’s friends, who quickly adopt her, seemed forced and not very funny however the scenes with her friend Maya Rudolf are hilarious. For some reason my wife found McCarthy’s carnal romps with a college age stud as the most entertaining part of the movie. I’m not really sure what to make of that. A harmless frolic that has its funny moments but I’ve come to expect a lot more from McCarthy than she delivers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment