Monday, May 7, 2018

BR Updates

BRS and ABFA Having Some Fun

Since yesterday was a deep recovery day after Saturday’s exertions I have virtually nothing to report outside of the updates provided by the parents of the future blog readers. Predictably the recovery effort was centered around extended Man Cave time where I took some of my Favorite Son’s recommendations to invest some time in Netflix’s resurrection of Lost in Space. This was one of my favorite series back in the 1960s and while some of the names are the same it has been predictably updated to a more current (and realistic) family dynamic. I’m glad he made the recommendation because I loved the time spent, after so many years, with the space family Robinson again.




The ABFA had a bridal shower to attend yesterday so my Favorite Son had sole custody of the BRS which did not go swimmingly. The BRS decided Sunday was going to be her “grouchy day” after a string of ebullient ones. My son handled the time with his daughter with his usual calm, resigned to the fact the BRS has firmly wormed her way into his heart. I did warn him about the whole father-daughter dynamic.
FBR Changed Bears 
Penguins!


And Monkeys!


Further south the FBR somehow cajoled her mother into yet another trip to the zoo where the penguins became a huge favorite. While she was recounting this adventure the FBR managed to get me to commit to a visit to the New England Aquarium during an upcoming visit. Earlier in the day the FBR once again demonstrated shopping prowess that warmed her abuela’s heart. She acquired a new set of sunglasses she was only too proud to model for us. My daughter sent the accompanying video of the actual purchase. Apparently the FBR was inspired by the imminent acquisition of her fashionable new eyewear and started a conversation with non-existent friends introducing themselves to each other. She does find new ways to intrigue and charm each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment