Monday, January 22, 2018

Rare Ground

It was so much fun watching the Patriots achieve football history by earning their record tenth trip to the Super Bowl. That fun was only partially due to the game. I drove up to spend the afternoon with the ABFA and my Favorite Son to watch the game on his brand new television. I cannot believe how thin televisions are getting and this one has built-in speakers so the sound comes straight out of the screen.
My Fabulous Hosts With Equally Fabulous Results
My highly competent hosts were assisted by their canine partner in crime, Riggins who decided his rightful place for the game was either directly in front of me or sitting beside me on the couch. He must have sensed the lack of canine companionship I’m undergoing and he helped make the day special, even though he took a preternatural interest in whatever I chose to eat. The ABFA looked radiant even as she approaches critical mass with the imminent arrival of the BRS. She admitted to a little discomfort but it was hard to see as she gracefully negotiated the day being a perfect host.
Great Way to Watch the Game
We had a couple FaceTime calls with my daughter and the FBR who was particularly pleased to see her Christmas friend Riggins. She even demanded to see her auntie ABFA when she was not on the screen. It warms my heart to see these familial bonds taking root. The more deeply rooted Favorite Panamanian had redeployed to Panama City to welcome the visit of the Neighborhood Mafioso who flew in yesterday. We unsuccessfully tried connecting with her as well. I learned my wife and her extended family, who I’ve taken steps towards converting to Patriot fans, took over the Panama City TGIF sports bar to watch the game.
Riggins Wondering what all the Yelling is About
My wife was precluded from touching any Patriots’ gear with which most of the group was garbed in as her reputation as a jinx has reached even far off Panama. That must have been a fun bar to be in last night. My evening drive home from New Hampshire was also interesting as there were several accidents along the way. I’m guessing some Patriot fans who were a little too celebratory or they could just be suicidal Steeler fans.
Teh Master with his Well Embroidered Throwing Hand
I’m sure there are some Steeler fans who are contemplating suicide today along with all the other legions of Patriot haters as we in New England bathe in their tears once again. It wasn’t easy as Jacksonville truly showed up for the game. Their defense looked especially dangerous and fast but their habit of over celebrating each and every simple tackle must have tired them out by the end of the game. Even with Gronk knocked out by a cheap shot, the evil genius of Foxborough made the necessary adjustments at halftime and Brady, playing with twelve stiches in his throwing hand, staged another comeback for the ages, ably assisted by my favorite playoff Patriot Danny Amendola. I guarantee Wes Welker would have dropped each of the critical three catches Amendola made in the fourth quarter. I still haven’t forgiven Welker for the second Giants Super Bowl loss. At the end the game Jaguars stood in shock as the game fell out of their grasp, as it has for so many opponents during the Brady-Belichick era.
Still Can't Believe he Made this Catch
The best news I learned was I will be able to watch the Super Bowl. I know my wife and her Neighborhood Mafioso companion are returning that weekend and I assumed that meant on Sunday since that is when we always fly back. It turns out I may have been prescient back in September when I bought the tickets because it turns out they’re flying back on Saturday! The Super Bowl party in the Man Cave is on! I’m looking at you Great Aunt! I know my son is praying his first child decides to wait for his or her scheduled delivery date and doesn’t arrive Super Sunday. I’m not sure the ABFA shares his willingness to wait.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #95 out of 100, with Giant of Metropolis, yet another Italian sand and sandal epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment