Thursday, January 11, 2018

Once More Into the Breach

We had another run back to David yesterday morning which broke up our string of uninterrupted beach time. My wife admitted she was excited about the chance to return to civilization for a bit. I think that had everything to do about shopping opportunities. I also take issue with her characterization of David as “civilization” which may be stretching the definition but that feeling could be a result of my contesting with the David drivers. We met with our lawyer and executed a couple powers of attorney so my wife could sign for me as both our land sale and condo final paperwork grind their inevitable way through the Panamanian governmental bureaucracy.
Breakfast This Morning With Our Guests
We were back on the beach a little after noon though so the day was not a total loss. This upturn continued significantly when our overnight guests showed up. My wife’s cousin of the legendary laugh and her husband joined us without their usual retinue of grandchildren so we could have one of our signature great times with them beachside. The cousin is one of the few people I know who can stay with me beer for beer and the competition commenced almost immediately.
Fuzzy Shot of us at Show Pony Last Night
After a great afternoon on the beach we adjourned for the nearby Show Pony Hotel for dinner which continued the fun. I think there were four different languages being spoken in the dining room. The very dark walk back to the condo was highlighted by a dazzlingly clear night sky full of stars. Upon our return I filled a gaping hole in our guests’ movie watching experience by exposing them to the sublime John Wick for the first time. Dozens of bodies later we called it a night and look forward to a shared beach day today.

The Bad Cinema project count will remain at #88 out of 100, as I didn’t bring any of them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment