Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Another Day Another Visit

Our Visitors Yesterday With my Wife
We received another very welcome visitor yesterday as this place continues to reap benefits in that area. A Panamanian lady, her granddaughter and two nieces came for a day visit. She might be the original Panamanian Mafia since I served with her husband from my earliest days as a commissioned officer, both in school at Fort Benning and  then in Panama itself where we were in the same infantry battalion. I’ve enjoyed reconnecting with him, now a successful author, over the past few years and our respective wives have always maintained contact. She and my wife talked almost non-stop while the teenagers scrupulously studied their smart phones. The granddaughter did come up for air for some boogie boarding. It was a very nice visit.
Some Panamanian Gals Tossing an American Football on teh Beach
There is a Very Popular Female Flag League in Panama - Go Figure 
It was a busy day at the beach since yesterday was a national holiday in Panama. It’s a day of remembrance for a group of students who were killed in the 1960s protesting the American presence in the Canal Zone. Probably the best day of the year to be the only gringo on the beach but everyone seemed friendly. The condo building was packed, the busiest it’s been since New Year’s Day. There was some serious rum and other adult beverages being sent down range.
I Know You've Missed Her
I feel like I’ve been denying you photos of the FBR for the past couple weeks as I pound in the message of how delightful Las Lajas is. In recompense here are a few from the latest batch my daughter provided. We’ve tried our daily video calls each evening but the FBR is usually too busy to devote any time to us. Last night she was particularly upset that her mother wouldn’t let her outside to cavort in the freezing weather. Apparently she didn’t get all of her mother’s cold aversion genes.

Bit Nowhere Near as Much as I Have


2d Gen Curbside Reunion

Just Like Their Moms
The Bad Cinema project count will remain at #88 out of 100, as I didn’t bring any of them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment