Thursday, January 4, 2018

Beach Livin

Hanging with My Favorite Panamanian
I’m five days into my first effort at living on the beach and I think I can handle it. That has nothing to do with the fact that Worcester is getting hit by a blizzard as I’m writing this because I kind of like blizzards, especially from afar. The condo complex was completely full over the holiday weekend but most of the other inhabitants have to work so the place eventually emptied until last night when my wife and I were the only ones in the entire place except for the caretaker and his family.
MY Morning View - Note Horse Walking Down the Beach
We spent most of yesterday back in my wife’s hometown meeting with our lawyer for the seemingly endless process of selling the land we own here. I’ve written before about the robust Panamanian government bureaucracy during our previous encounters. We spent most of the afternoon trying to prove who I am since my passport number has changed since I bought the land. The Panamanians government has evolved over the past decade to make it increasingly difficult for foreigners to buy and sell. The ending result was a letter from my mother in law stating that I reside with her when I visit and a copy of her electric bill for some reason. It was all very arcane. We’re not done yet either. I met the young guy who is buying the land and really liked him. He’s in the police special forces here and reminded me a little of myself at a similar age.
Niece and Nephew Hangs
We had a great beach day on Tuesday accompanied by the last remnants of my wife’s visiting family. My favorite niece and nephew in law stayed with us from the weekend along with the nephew’s girlfriend. It was fun talking movies and hanging with them. We had to return them yesterday when we traveled up to David. Before that however we had a very nice surprise when one of the founding members of the Worcester Chapter of the Panamanian Mafia and family showed up for a visit. My wife noticed in her What’s Up app that they were at Las Lajas and talked them down the beach to our place for a very nice visit.
Worcester Visitors
I think that’s what I’ll like most about this place – the inevitable visitors. It really is a paradise and despite the delightful environment this far down the beach it really hasn’t been developed so we’re kind of spookily alone at times. That’s okay as long as the Netflix account holds out. We can’t get any sports here which I’m surprisingly okay with, leads me to believe that maybe I spend too much of my time watching my favorite teams. I’m surviving nicely just reading about the aftermath on line.
Wife Dancing the Sun Down



We have a solid Wi-Fi connection which allows texting and FaceTime calls back to the US. We spoke with my Favorite Son and the ABFA, now into her eighth month of pregnancy and all that portends. They were gearing up for the storm and smiled indulgently when I mentioned how nice it was here. My daughter and by reputation the FBR were unavailable last evening as the Curbside Girls had gathered for a rare get together as they were all within in the same time zone for the first time in a very long time. Today we get another passel of my wife’s family arriving for a beach day. Yeah – kind of like it here.

Curbside Gals (Daughter in Front) Back Together in NYC
The Bad Cinema project count will remain at #88 out of 100, as I didn’t bring any of them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment