Thursday, July 21, 2016

Lesser Demons

The Morale Boosting Team
We’re in the midst of a Republican National Convention that is nominating Donald Trump as its candidate. The sheer improbability of that statement should resonate and shed significant light on just how imbecilic the American political process has become in the this new age of instant communication. I used to love the drama and pageantry of the national conventions, as weird as that sounds, but there’s no longer any dialogue – just seeing who can scream the loudest and provide the most twitter-able sound bite.
I think many people, maybe even a majority (myself included), are so turned off by the current and constant attack/counter attack process on instant media that we’ve abandoned the process entirely. That’s left the stage to the far right and left with their constant rending of each other. We’ve done this to ourselves. Maybe we even deserve candidates like Trump and Clinton, two different varieties of evil. I shudder to think of the consequences this country will have to pay in the aftermath of having either of these two in the White House. I’m most worried what my granddaughter’s generation will have to face when two such self-centered narcissists hold the reins for at least four years. Our generation had to pay for Jimmy Carter’s ineptness. The consequences of the current pair could make him look like a hero. Sadness.
They Went to the Zoo!
Luckily I have that pert young lady that I’m so worried about to cheer me up. She called yesterday (actually it was her mother but why split hairs) to show her grandparents just how adept she’d become at reaching the standing position unaided. It’s almost physically painful to have her so far away. I also spoke with her godfather as he made his way home to the ABFA for an update on their busy life and coordinating a hoped for linkup in a couple weeks.

After unsuccessfully trying to locate where I put all the curtain rod hardware after the move I decided to bunker down in the man cave. I watched the Red Sox storm out to an eight run lead for their newly acquired pitcher against the best team in baseball and everything seemed to be going swimmingly. Then, all of a sudden, it was 8-7 (this new pitcher might not be the answer). My wife thought she was the jinx so abandoned the man cave for more telephone time. I didn’t fight her departure since it liberated me from more discussion on the missing curtain hardware.
Photos from New Facility


In a very hectic work day I did get a chance to stop by the new facility being built for our company. It's reaching the final stages and I'm in the middle of planning the move of operations over there. Just what I needed, another move. This, as was the home move, will be most welcome though. That doesn't make it any easier though. September is shaping up to be one of those months, resembling the past June. Time to embrace the chaos, it's what's life is all about.
Still Not Loving the Texture of Grass

But that Smile

See Grandpa - No Problem!

First Steps Can't be Far Off

I'm Thinking Wingman Was Involved SOmehow











No comments:

Post a Comment