Sunday, July 24, 2016

Cut Short

Buddy and I Celebrating Victory Last Night on Deckzilla
Alright, I know I missed blogging yesterday and if you guessed it had something to do with my wife finding the missing curtain rod hardware you would be absolutely correct. I had planned on washing Deckzilla and then getting a coat of sealant down on the beast but threatened thunderstorms put the kybosh on that plan. I did get the rapidly accumulating collection of plant life moved off the deck with the wifely admonition to insure it was placed high above rabbit reach. Once Deckzilla was washed I moved to the front of the house to eradicate the grass growing up through cracks in the driveway with the power washer and then liberally applied driveway crack sealer – one gallon was not enough.
Deckzilla Getting His First bath

Not a Small Operation
That curtain hardware then beckoned and the always fun task of carefully using screws that were moving into their third house along with us. Nothing is more delicate than almost stripped screw heads. The upside is that we now have curtains in the bedroom to keep the early morning summer sunlight at bay until a respectable hour.
Dueling Photos of my Friday Night Date

INever Had a Chance
The biggest (I won’t say onerous because that might piss her off) job of the day was setting up my wife’s “sign wall”. It had to wait until the air conditioning unit was installed. She finally deigned to reveal her concept for the set up which changed three times during the time I was trying to realize her vision on the wall. I’d admit to a bit of frustration as my lack of patience collided directly with her artistic sensibilities. I was exhausted and in desperate need of a very long shower by early evening.
The Wall Is Up - After a Very Long Decision Process
It’s back on to Deckzilla shortly as the weather is supposed to be spectacular today. I’m sure the already protesting middle aged muscles will require a severe dose of Motrin after I coat the beast. The biggest downside is having to miss a party down at my Namesake Nephew’s home in Rhode Island. I’ve never had a bad time at one of those Rhode Island family gatherings but backyard monster is insatiable.

Son and ABFA in Burlington Yesterday
My Favorite Son was up in Burlington, Vermont, of all places, with the ABFA (of course) yesterday as another one of his college buds tied the knot. I think he was the last to fall but we’ve met the new bride on a number of occasions and he’s a very lucky guy. No reports from the left coast but the pictures received today show the Frist Blog Reader dining out again. Her mother reports that she is a very social young lady who pouts if she doesn’t get out of the house daily. That will be something for Wingman to worry about in a decade or so. Now – to confront Deckzilla.
Could She Possibly be ANY Cuter!



Always Working the Crowd


Everything Must Pass Mouth Test



Two Beauties





No comments:

Post a Comment