Monday, September 24, 2012

Vacation Eve!!!!!

San Francisco - Here We Come!
Tomorrow I head out for a long anticipated vacation.  This is my present to my wife in honor of our thirtieth wedding anniversary.  I’m taking her to San Francisco and Monterrey, California.  I’ve visited the area numerous times on business and have always left thinking that this was a place my wife would enjoy.  I made the mistake of telling her this after each trip, forgetting the reality that women never forget.  I made another trip there earlier this year and when I was recounting how much I enjoyed it I realized she was not as happy as she usually is and the germ of the idea grew into tomorrow’s trip.  I’m not sure if I’m going to take the time to blog while I’m there, that will depend on the hotel’s wi fi.  She was busily packing last night as I was watching the Patriots defense dissolve in the fourth quarter.  I didn’t like the Patriots chances going into the game but they drew me in with a solid effort and were in position to win if the offense could have made a first down or the defense could make one stop.  Neither happened, so Baltimore got their revenge win for last season’s AFC championship game.  Hopefully this will take a little bit of their edge off of them (something they seem to thrive on – reminiscent of the Pats of a decade ago) if the teams meet in the post season again.  The replacement refs are seemingly getting worse, if that is possible.  I’m getting a sense that the players are struggling with what is a foul and what is not because there is not the uniformity you get with the real refs.  Based on my superbowl experience I knew I was going to have trouble sleeping because the game ended near midnight and I was wide awake from the emotional end.  I was even more tired because I had to get up Sunday morning at 1am to emplace Buddy’s sensory deprivation alterations when a late night thunderstorm blew in.  I did get to see some really strange late night television and this will help me with the jet lag adjustment.  Next blog, from San Francisco – maybe.  Buddy will be hanging with his favorite walking partner so I think he’s anxious for us to get out of here.
Thanks for the Help with Jet Lag

No comments:

Post a Comment