Saturday, September 15, 2012

Friday Returns Just In Time


This was one of those meeting filled work weeks that I was more than ready to end with a First Friday celebration.  My boss made the call and I re-directed my Keene friend who was coming down for the weekend.  We met up at Brew City in Worcester and enjoyed a really fun examination of the world’s issues.  I noticed from the bar’s web site that they sported a truly amazing selection of draft beer – a sign of immense sophistication.  I even snapped a picture of the taps in a row – a good time.  We journeyed home and joined my wife for the obligatory mystical pepperoni pizza at Zorbas.  I made the unfortunate faux paux of noticing a Red Sox player hitting a huge three run homer on the TV right behind my wife just as she was making a salient point.  This is not the first time I’ve made this type error but it was acerbated by my wife’s complete disdain for this year’s Sox team – can’t say as I blame her.  After a desperate run to Ronnie’s for some overdue soft ice cream we returned home where we filled in a gaping hole in my friend’s movie going history.  He had never seen True Romance and noted an earlier blog tribute to the late director Tony Scott.  This one of the few movies I had rated a “10” on my movie blog.  By the end of the night he fully endorsed the rating with the small yet telling cameos of Hopper, Walken, Gandolfini, Pitt, Oldman, and of course the great story of Alabama and Clarence.  They are still “so cool”. 
The Taps

Half of Brew City's Draft Beer Menu
What's Not to Like!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment