Monday, September 17, 2012

Unpatriotic Sunday

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
The rest of the weekend had been so much fun I was due for a letdown and the Patriots were kind enough to provide that yesterday.  My Keene friend stayed to watch the game with me and watch the illusion that the Patriots were going to be something really special this year go down the drain.  This was the second Patriots game we watched in a row together that they lost, dating back to the debacle that was the last Super Bowl.  A more superstitious man would begin to suspect a connection.  The defense was stout again although they seem to play too conservative on third down and get beat when they shouldn’t.  Despite being outplayed for most of the game by the Cardinals defense, against all odds, they were in position to win after an unimaginable turnover in the waning seconds.  Their kicker had what should have been a bunny of a field goal that he promptly shanked leaving everybody with visions of Vinatieri dancing in their heads.  This loss, despite the frustrating fashion they managed it could not reduce the good feelings from the rest of the weekend, chronicled earlier.  I did get to show my friend the ecstasy that is the NFL Red Zone channel for the first time.  He was properly impressed as the “Zone” jumped from game to game with dizzying perfection.  He had to leave before the ultimate moment when they show every touchdown scored that day.  This is truly a football fan’s Nirvana.  I took out my frustration on the lawn jumping on the lawn mower as twilight descended – I finished up the last twenty minutes mowing my headlight.  I’m a little nervous how it will look in the cold light of day.  I’m heading out this morning for a two day conference in Falmouth, Massachusetts and I’m not sure I’ll be able to blog from there.  It will depend on the internet connection at the hotel.  This type of trip would have excited me even a few years ago but I am not looking forward to it.  I’ve related my complete disdain for meetings and this will be two whole days of nothing but meetings.  At least the Patriots set me off with a positive attitude.

At Least This Still Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment