Tuesday, September 25, 2012

San Francisco Day 1

I am really struggling with a terribly slow internet connection which is strange since we're so close to Silicon Valley.   I got better reception in 3rd world countries than I am getting here.  I'm going to have to wait with photos until I have a better connection.  The trip today has been magical and everything I hoped it would be.  I gave this trip to my wife because I told her every time how much fun I had on my business trips here.  What I learned today was that this place was made for her.  We left the house early with our friend ferrying us to Logan Airport.  This is definitely the way to go because boarding our plane was so easy with his curbside service.  We flew United which recently was cited for having the worst customer service for major airlines but that is not what we found.  The flight left on time and everything was professional.  Maybe they read their own reviews.  My wife started out on the opposite side of the aisle but soon made her way over to the empty seats next to me.  We arrived in San Francisco and were also very impressed with our Alamo rental car, with its free upgrade to a larger car.  That was until the GPS failed to work while we were driving into San Francisco on a busy ten lane highway.  This produced my finest moment of the day when I just took an exit and navigating from memory got us to our hotel near Fisherman's Wharf.  We've got a spectacular view of San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island which I could show you except for this friggin slow internet connection.  I also received an email from the bus company out here confirming that they were providing a chauffeured private tour of the city tomorrow.  After a quick lunch we headed out to explore the area and again my wife was just captivated.  She loved the street performers but most of all the thousands of small shops.  We spent a solid six hours shopping and occasionally noticing the sights.  It was so cool seeing her enjoying herself so much, it validated everything  I hoped this trip would be.  She's now icing her knees before heading out for dinner.  I'm too frustrated with this connection to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment