Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friday Ambush


Yesterday was an extremely boring day at work outside of a small hissy fit thrown by the union president.  We had a meeting scheduled and when one of the key attendees called in sick for the day the meeting had to be postponed which apparently was reason enough for the act of a twelve year old child.  My boss and I did have a meeting with the corporate vice president getting our bid ready for the upcoming selection by the client which was mind numbing in detail and length.  I’m really ready for a vacation which blessedly starts on Tuesday!  I was getting ready to leave for the day, already tasting my weekly fix of Zorba’s pizza when my boss burst into my office.  He announced that after having our minds numbed by the vice president we had to repair to Brew City to complete the job (Did I say what a great boss I have?).  This ambush style First Friday celebration was welcome and we enjoyed a couple hours of commiserating and reviewing childlike acts and the upcoming contract bids.  We also might have glanced at some of the local fauna but for both us it was a needed decompression.  Because this wasn’t planned, my wife wasn’t in the loop so I had my boss take a picture of me in the bar and I then messaged it to her.  Even if she didn’t see it I had a time stamped record of my attempt to advise her.  We had seats right at the window along Shrewsbury Street which allowed a constant parade of Worcesterites passing by, which can be very entertaining.  I got home to find my wife on the phone to Panama where apparently she had been since before my message.  When she attempted to establish the moral high ground with my late arrival I sprung the photo on her which caused her to almost lose it because she was laughing so hard.  Buddy had taken advantage of my late arrival by coaxing a meal out of my wife and then saying nothing when I fed him again when I arrived.  My wife and I headed over to Zorbas for the pizza fix and I purposely took a seat that would force me to converse and not watch sports highlights. This made all the difference because I’m finding that talking with my wife is a lot more fun.  The night ended with Strike Back (of course!) and Buddy thinking the blinking light in the kitchen was lightning (paranoia dog).
The Saving Photo
My Shrewsbury Street View
 

No comments:

Post a Comment