Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Weather Downer

The weather over the past couple days have exactly modeled my morale levels as I deal with a granddaughterless home for the first time in a while. Soggy, overcast, and depressing which everyone says is a good thing because we certainly needed the rain but still, no granddaughters. My Favorite Panamanian put me to work grinding corn for tortillas so she can take advantage of her mother’s presence and expertise in that area. It’s been so wet that I’ve been hibernating in the Man Cave for the past couple days which means a lot of movies and the DVR list have gone downrange.

ABFA with BRS and Upset BR3 at Storyland

The Legendary FBR/Santa Photo
The granddaughters, as these pictures will attest, are not feeling as devastated by the separation as their granddad, which is to be expected. My Favorite Son and the ABFA surprised the BRS and BR3 with an overnight trip to Storyland in northern NH. They stayed in a hotel with a built in water park, so, score! The pictures tell a good story, including BR3’s reaction to the large stuffed animals which resonated on the family text channel as reminiscent of the FBR’s initial reaction to Santa Claus (a feat of legerdemain within the fam). Their second day at Storyland was a bit ruined by the same rain that is soaking us but they were in great spirts during our call last night. BR3 was running a slight fever which means she ha to stay away from me. She gave me a cold earlier this year that knocked me on my butt for a couple weeks, something even my Favorite Panamanian’s donation of Covid couldn’t do.

Much Happier BR3 with BRS

BRS Meeting Cinderella

BR3 Mounted Up

BRS as Well

BR3 All Smiles Now

Target Acquisition with Dad
The FBR likewise was lucky enough to run into a series of events upon her return which kept her from focusing on her departure from Grandparent Land. As soon as they pulled into their home, they walked down the street for the neighborhood’s annual Porchfest featuring bands playing in front yards as well as reunions with her best friends. They followed this up with a birthday party and since they didn’t have any rain, an entire Monday at the town pool. I miss ‘em desperately, if you hadn’t already figured that out.

FBR Reunited with Friends

And Reading for Them

Daughter and FBR

Party Time

Cake Wasn't the Only Thing Decorated

Storming the Castle

Officially T.M.I.
Four movies fell in my A-Z effort, all keepers, what can I say – rainy days, Back to the Future (funnily iconic), Back to the Future II (only a keeper because of 1 and 3), Back to the Future III (Mary Steenburgen, say no more), and Backdraft (Forgot how good this was).


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd Musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment