Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Vegetative State

Against all odds, I’ve been fairly busy, if not overly productive, since my return from Panama. That could be the lack of supervision from a certain Panamanian or just getting old. At any rate, yesterday I had my first day of complete hedonistic retreat into the Man Cave. I literally accomplished nothing outside of a morning bike workout. I binge watched a couple series to further deplete my overloaded DVR list and knocked out two movies as well. Before you leap on your well-appointed soap box to deride me for this lassitude, I had a fairly good reason.

My Personal Typhoid Mary with her Sister 
I wrote last time about the great time my Favorite Son, the ABFA, and the ABFA’s family showed me over the Easter weekend. Yesterday I was paying my dues for the abundance of good time because BR3, rapidly becoming my own personal Typhoid Mary, passed on her strong cold to me over the weekend. That makes two visits in a row for this potent young lady. I’ve been uncharacteristically super-healthy over the time of the pandemic, except for these last two visits with BR3. As I told my son though, totally worth it. She kicked it after a day so we’ll see how I fare with my recovery effort.

The Great Easter Hosts - The ABFA's Parents
I received a detailed report from my Favorite Panamanian on her efforts to close up the condo. She wanted to make sure I knew how much energy she was expending to accomplish this task. Her desire had everything to do with the fact I wasn’t there to help. She did admit, however, that I made the right call with the weather, which has been rainy season nasty since my departure. She’s back up in David for most of the rest of her tenure in Panama as she helps her mother through some cataract surgery today.

Favorite Son and I on Easter Egg Hunt
Typhoid Mary Behind Us
Monday, I had a visit from the cable guy since the kitchen DVR stopped recording my wife’s telenovela in mid-February (I know – panic time). He was an interesting guy and quickly figured out that even though the cable box is supposed to fully delete a deleted show that doesn’t always happen which impinges on disk space. He showed me an additional step to take and I got rid of the 147 already deleted telenovelas on the box. I’d noticed when he was parking that he took great care in positioning his van well away from the front door. I asked him about that and he said when they’re making a house call, there is equipment in the van which establishes a electro-magnetic curtain around the house which assists with diagnosis. Go figure. Now, back to the DVR list – the cold is still kicking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment