Friday, February 28, 2020

Sunset Colada


The trip into David yesterday cut into our beach time but we recompensed ourselves by taking up station on the deserted beach to take in another Las Lajas sunset. While I love being around my wife’s family it is nice to have this time for just the two of us, especially as my days in Panama are dwindling. We took a distressing call from my Favorite Son who reported the BRS had spiked a serious fever over the past two days. She would only allow the ABFA to touch her which was doubly frustrating for the dad. The Tylenol had apparently kicked in when we called because she delivered about seven very loud “hi’s” to us. Usually she demands the camera be moved away. It’s tough to be so far away. My Favorite Panamanian wanted to charter a plane to go help.
The Sunset Crew

We opted instead to wander down the road to the Show Pony hotel. My wife is definitely a city girl with abject fear of the wild creatures out and about after dark. Walking down a dark road in a remote part of Panama helps feed that anxiety with a veritable chorus of strange noises accompanying us. For that reason we made the short walk using my I-Phone as a flashlight. We found a bunch of ex-pats, including one who came from less than thirty miles from Worcester, in the small bar who we were chatting with by the end of the night. My wife had a bad pina colada at this place last year so she initially refused to order another one. Eventually the Costa Rican bar tender convinced her he was up to the task. Boy was he. My wife was enthralled with her beverage and they even threw in another half a glass for free.
At the Show Pony

A Happy Colada
After another “danger filled” walk back to the condo we watched some Netflix which has been a godsend on this trip. This morning the guy who will reupholster the couch showed up which led to some interesting gyrations to maneuver the larger section down two flights of stairs since it wouldn’t fit in the elevator. I relied on my many years of watching movers in the many household moves the Army required. The key is standing the thing on its end to get it around stair corners. None of Ross’ pivots J  My wife took the following pictures of a very old man boogie boarding out this morning. I have at least three sessions each day here. I think that will be severely curtailed by my return to the USA.






Our Condo Building from Low Tide Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment