Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Iowa Huh?


I woke up this morning really interested to find out what happened with the Iowa caucuses yesterday. This was the first big test of the primary season and I was hoping for some indication if the Democrats near the center of the spectrum could survive. I, like the rest of the nation, are left wondering. You would think the Democratic Party, after the race fixing of the last primary season, would have been prepared for this first major test. The fact that they didn’t rise to the occasion speaks volumes about leadership.
This may be yet another chink in the armor of the death grip the two political parties have now on the political process. There’s an old Army saying (significantly cleaned up here) – “Those bozos couldn’t organize a circular endeavor”. Fellow grunts will know what I’m talking about despite the cleansing. This made the Democrats look ineffectual at a time they should be demonstrating effectiveness. For the first time I’m worried we may get another four years of the Twit-erer.
Wife and the Sunset

Sunset at Las Lajas
On a decidedly more pleasant note my Favorite Panamanian sent me these photos of a recent sunset at our condo. In less than two weeks I’ll be down there to experience of few of these myself. I can already taste that first Atlas slipping down the throat. I’m going to have to invest in a new suitcase though. I was going to use just a carry on size bag because, well, not a lot of clothes needed in tropical heat. Since my wife flew south I’ve received several packages she ordered before she left ranging from sofa covers, to double-sided window washers and the inevitable shoes. I’m expected the transport these south with me. At least it will make the pre-flight security checks the bags undergo interesting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment