Thursday, February 20, 2020

Star Gazing

The vacay kicked into high gear yesterday in terms of relaxation and just plain fun. It was our first complete day in the condo. We established a standard day. We get out onto the beach before breakfast to swim and enjoy the beach and pool. We’re back in to eat a late breakfast around ten because that’s about the time the tropical sun brings down the hammer. In the tropics then you need to respect the sun a whole lot more. Somewhere my dermatologist is smiling. We wait out the hottest part of the day until heading back out to repeat the beach and pool for the late afternoon until the spectacular sunset.
View from our Balcony
Our towels (r) is Where we Spend most of the Day
We had an added benefit yesterday as a fellow tenant, a good friend of my wife, showed up and helped us watch the sunset. We ended up talking as long as the Atlas held out which was well into the evening. I walked out onto the beach as we were preparing to head inside and was once again absolutely dazzled by the night sky. We’re well away from any city lights and it felt like you could reach out and touch the millions of stars. I called my Favorite Panamanian and her friend out to experience it with me.
The New Lights
My wife has not been inactive before I arrived. She had a new main room air conditioning system installed, new rollers on the balcony doors, and a bunch of new lights. I’m sure the reason she wanted to change the dining room lights had nothing to do with the unfortunate card playing incident I was involved in last year that still causes the ABFA to double over in laughter when I’m reminded of it. Those dangerous lights are now in our master bedroom and we have new lights in the table, along the kitchen bar, and under the kitchen cabinets. I’m not sure why my wife felt we needed lights with protective rope around the globe.
View out the Side of Our Condo
They've planted some new Palm Trees
Along What Looks like a Future Road
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment