Friday, September 27, 2019

Wither We Travel Now

BRS and her New Beau

Before I get into my completely unqualified two cents worth on the latest Washington failure I have big news to report that has my Favorite Son a bit concerned. The BRS has apparently acquired a male suitor in day care. The charming pictures highlight her latest conquest. I had to laugh when my son indignantly reacted by saying he was advising the BRS that she couldn’t have a boyfriend until she was 28. I laughed because I remember saying the same thing to his sister back in the day (although I think the age was 40) and that edict didn’t survive adolescence. My son will learn the lesson all fathers eventually do – daughters are hard to deny anything to.
Not to Worry Dad - You Can Outrun Him
Now on to my ramblings. For those of you not paying attention we could be headed for some historic times if the House actually does impeach the Twitterer in Chief. I’d sort of been paying attention but up until the past couple weeks the impeachment calls had all come from the radical left who simply can’t stand the man. I’m not sure being an utter buffoon qualifies as the requisite “high crimes and misdemeanors” standard impeachment needs. That has all shifted with the revelation of his antics with the Ukrainian president. It’s almost like he can’t help himself. He’s been caught trying a back room New York City type dirty political trick that would have made Boss Tweed happy.
Busted?
You simply cannot do that as a president, especially in such a volatile region as the Ukraine. For the first time in a very long time I found myself nodding in agreement with what some of the democrats were saying, scary. My last job in the military involved conducting senior level investigations which were very unpopular with the senior level subjects of same. The 3-star general I reported to told me he could always tell the guilty ones because they always attacked the investigators. Trump has been caught red handed and he has no one to blame but himself and his overwhelming hubris. Someone (a whistleblower in this case) finally told the emperor he had no clothes. The saddest result of this is the potential damage this does to Biden. I’m not sure what qualified his son to run a Ukrainian energy company and that is now available for question. Biden seemed to be the only one capable of moving the democrats to the center. If this knocks him out of the race we will be left with one of the progressive wingnuts that could do even more damage to the country. It promises to be a very interesting run up to November 2020. Hopefully our political vision will match the year’s number.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment