Thursday, September 5, 2019

D-Day Sorta


In the immortal words of one of my favorite crooners – I’m leaving on a jet plane shortly. My wife has never been to Europe and I’ve always promised to take her and well there you have it. With the contract negotiations behind me I’m ready for a little down time. We fly out tonight and spend the next four days in Switzerland, followed by a trip through Liechtenstein (huh?) and into Austria and Bavaria for the next five days. This will have an added benefit for you steady readers of Frail Deeds. You won’t be subjected to my inane prattling for the duration of the trip! I won’t be posting anything on Frail Deeds until my return the weekend after next. I have it on good authority (my Favorite Panamanian’s) that I will have much better things to do. I do promise to inflict a detailed account of our travels upon my return so you don’t escape scot free. Be well!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment