Wednesday, August 7, 2019

We All Scream

FBR and Wife at Meola's

Having the FBR is residence continues to be an absolute delight although her penchant to indulge my Favorite Panamanian’s shopping addiction is troubling. I took a break from negotiations yesterday and received a video call from a  nearby shopping center where the FBR just had to show me her newest acquisition, some very “sparkly” sneakers that light up when she jumps. I hope whatever powers those shoes has some staying power because jumping is one of the FBR’s favorite activities.
FBR and her New 19 Year Old Friend

Wife Discovering the water is Colder than in Panama
She was heading out to one of the Latin Mafia’s homes for a swim in the pool. She claimed to have a great time and said she made a new friend there, what she claimed was a nineteen year gal. When I asked my wife she said the new friend was actually about six; I’m guessing the FBR is a little challenged in the age guestimation game. They got home just ahead of me and I was told I had to change out of work clothes before she would deign to show me all of her purchases.
The Morning Hojaldra Haul
It was actually a good day at work as we reached a tentative agreement on a new contract with the union, a three year deal which should more than cover any time I have left in the active work force. We modified our usual date night to include the FBR last night and went to the local ice cream mecca – Meola’s. The FBR wasn’t sure what flavor she wanted, she claimed it was unicorn rainbow or mermaid something or other. The very understanding attendant provided a rainbow sherbet cone. I think this wasn’t the first three year he’d had to deal with.
Swinging next to the Pool



She showed some real technique when it came to ice cream cone demolition. I envisioned a melted pool of multi-colored liquid on the table when she began but she’s apparently undergone some additional training in this area down in New Jersey. She stayed ahead of the melt, ate all of the ice cream and most of the cone. I was impressed, until she stuck her freshly washed hair into the side of the cone (that was mostly my wife’s concern). We indulged in another family tradition at bedtime. I wrapped the FBR up in a quilt and slung her over my back for the trip upstairs. I did this for my own kids when they were very young and I clearly remember my father doing it for my sisters and me as well. I remember it being decidedly less physically taxing when I did it for my kids.  
Packed up for the Trip Upstairs

Used to be a Lot Easier
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment