Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Swings and Tea Parties

Higher Grandpa!!!

My first work day with the FBR in residence and I found myself staring at the clock throughout the day trying to will that confounded contraption to move faster. The FBR and her abuela did get some shopping in, something that has become a troubling development each time she visits. My Favorite Panamanian finally has in-family shopping partner; as I said – troubling. They were just down the road from my office so they swung by. The FBR charmed my co-workers and got her obligatory time behind the wheel of a bus. I warned the garage helpers not to panic if they heard a lot of horns being sounded.
Behind the Wheel


Puzzle Master

I returned home to help with a newly acquired puzzle featuring Ariel which I learned is the name of some mermaid. We then bundled into the car for a trip to the Elm Park playground where I got a true workout. The FBR prefers the swing and demands her grandfather push her ever higher for what seemed like a very long time. She objected strenuously when I declared it was time to return home for dinner and the impasse was solved by an energetic ride on my shoulders which seemed a lot more physically challenging than even a few years ago.
Last Night's Tea Party



Meal times are an adventure with the FBR as she feigns all sorts of situations to avoid eating which is strange because she’s always hungry and eventually eats everything. This also applies to bedtime where she’s inherited her mother’s penchant to fight that with every fiber of her being. One of the cutest developments has been a daily ritual with my wife. The FBR decided she wanted to share my wife’s tea each evening. This has evolved to a nightly tea party with a developing set of rules, last night’s was out on Deckzilla.
I’ve received some more photos from the past magical weekend to share as well:
My Kids with their Kids



Hojaldras!!!!

BRS Coloring with her Great Grandmother

Saturday Party Scenes

Son, ABFA and ABFA's Mom

Cousin and I with ABFA's Dad  






BRS Dancing with Dad

FBR Encouraging BRS Hydrating

Granddaughters!!!!

BRS - So Cute!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment