Sunday, August 27, 2017

Rockin Saturday

Wife with the Mafiosos Last Night
I just returned from dropping my Favorite Panamanian off at the airport and I’m feeling the absence of Buddy the Wonder Pooch semi-acutely right now. “Luckily” I have full plate to keep me busy over the next few days of her absence. That started yesterday when I finally attacked the pile of stone that’s been taunting me for nearly a year now. The pile consisted of all the stones I ran into during my various excavations since we moved in. It was always my stated intent to construct a fire pit out of their carcasses.
The Three Rock Piles - Fire Pit Will go into Bare Spot to the Left
This was, in small part, revenge for all the pain they were to locate. I figured a subsequent life getting seared on a regular basis was adequate recompense for all the wrist jamming. Of course I always wanted a place to burn things as well. I’ve written before as to pyro-maniacal side. I’ve never attempted anything like this and miss having my engineer son close enough to consult. I spent an hour or so doodling on a page coming up with my design. I’m going to dig into the side of the hill (and probably find more rocks) and try a fairly simple scheme using Portland cement to build it. Yesterday’s first step was moving the rock pile from the future location of the fire pit. I sorted them out by size creating three separate piles figuring the biggest rocks should go on bottom (rocket scientist that I am).
My Highly Technical Plan
Those weren’t the only rocks Saturday called for. There was also some serious rock and roll at an evening party for one of the Panamanian Mafia members. She rented the local legion hall where we’ve had several memorable nights of dancing. Everyone was supposed to wear something orange but my wife missed that instruction. Since I’m not allowed to choose my own clothes (for very cogent reasons) I got a pass on this faux pas. We traveled and sat with the Neighborhood Mafiosos for a truly fun evening of friends, food, dancing, and the occasional beer. (Alright – more than occasional)

My Date - Acquiring Some Orange to Wear

Our Very Fun Table

Wife and Mafiosos Sliding Electrically
I’d like to think our table dominated the dancing portion of the party but we had a couple ringers in the form of my wife and the Mafioso. At any rate it’d been a long time since we’d had such an opportunity to cut loose and we made the most of it. It was a little concerning when we slowed down for an operational pause and noted it wasn’t even ten o’clock yet. The entire group resolved to keep going and we ended up closing the place. I’m glad we had this opportunity given this week’s separation. Now to start digging into that damned hill.
Just an Occasional Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment