Friday, August 4, 2017

Hit Parade Continues

Running to her Next Appointment Yesterday
My love affair with Southwest Airlines continues to blossom. After cancelling my flight and requiring an overnight drive from Baltimore to Washington they’re still holding my luggage hostage. I contacted them yesterday and they confirmed the bag was in Boston and politely promise to have it delivered by the end of the day. That was apparently just to get me off the phone. When no bag arrived I called them back this morning and after making my way through the arcane phone tree eventually spoke to someone in Boston who confirmed that yes they had my bag and that no they don’t deliver for cancelled flights. Even for ones they refused to give the bags back for. So I have a delightful mid-day drive into Boston today. Never. Fly. Southwest. Again.
Condo at Night

Party on Sunday
I do have these daily photos of my granddaughter to keep me afloat in these morale challenging times. That and tomorrow’s trip to Panama for a week where some serious morale battery re-charging is scheduled to take place. On Sunday we attend a welcome reception at our condo and will start moving furniture in over the upcoming week.

Last night my wife and I took in Atomic Blonde which was a very interesting female driven action flick. If anyone had any doubts about Theron’s action credentials after Mad Max they are surely put to rest after this journey. Charlize kicks total ass as a British operative sent into Berlin as the wall is falling and all the cold warriors are scuttling to redefine their shadowy world. The action scenes and Theron’s participation are almost visceral; some of the best I’ve seen this side of John Wick. My only issue with the movie was the pacing as these fantastic action scenes were placed amidst a series of plodding “who done it” scenes which brought everything to a screeching halt. Luckily Ms. Theron and the action salvage the viewer from those doldrums each and every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment