Thursday, April 27, 2023

Distance Viewing

Through the magic of today’s electro-magnetic spectrum we were able to catch a bit of the FBR’s T-ball game last evening in New Jersey. My daughter Facetimed us in to watch the glorious chaos that always marks a T-ball game. The FBR was definitely into the game, unlike many of her teammates. She fielded everything that came her way and even tried a couple throws to first base. She also got a couple of hits while we were watching. If this sounds like I’m bragging; you’re absolutely right. It was fun to see her so obviously enjoying the game after taking a couple thousand practice swings over the past couple years. We grabbed some screen shots to capture the drama.

Daughter and FBR at Ballgame

FBR Ready 

She Knows Where the Camera is

Action Shot

Always Stylish Daughter
The last couple days have been interesting as they represent a truly retired lifestyle. I thought I’d be having a majority of these when I finally stopped active employment. However, confirmed by many fellow retirees, it seems like it’s almost busier being retired. I envisioned days lounging around contemplating my navel, not having to work, and enjoying just that. There’s always something to do, be it errands, visits, or chores around the house that were always pushed to the weekend while working. Well, now every day is a weekend. I like it, but, as I said above, the last couple days threatened some rain so the two major outdoor projects I have lined up had to wait. That meant after the morning long exercise sessions I was left at loose ends. My Favorite Panamanian was decisively engaged elsewhere so she didn’t drop in on me in the Man Cave to coax me out of sloth. This can’t last but, it’s kind of cool.

Two movies fell in my A-Z watch, both definite keepers, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (new addition), long but solid follow up to original and The Wild Bunch, one of the best westerns ever made with wildest climax ever. This marks the end of the new, upgraded movies I recently purchased so now it’s back to the Ds starting tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                      

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; CRC - Connecticut Riverboat Captain – another close friend from high school, renowned sailor of the big river; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during him her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd Musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; PCR - Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; PCR+1 - Pittsburgh College Roommate’s wife; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment