Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Return Briefly

I’m back home in the Man Cave for a brief interlude due to a doctor’s appointment in the morning. It’s a follow up to the prostate surgery from last year so I’m fairly interested in what they have to say about the latest tests. Yes, Great Aunt, I will let you know. I’m thinking there is some cosmic force arrayed against my Favorite Son’s and my effort to build out his basement. My Favorite Panamanian was delayed in Maine on her return which meant the BRS and BR3 were under our “expert” care this morning since the Day Care center was flooded out and won’t be open all week. Like I said, cosmic forces. My wife finally arrived and we got a couple hours of very productive work done until my son’s saw failed due to a dull blade. Cosmic indeed. Work will recommence tomorrow upon my return and I’m confident the cosmos will recognize our determination and admit defeat in thwarting us.

BRS' Latest Fashion Statement

Can't Wait to Show her These Pictures in a Ten Years
The delays have allowed some more time with the granddaughters so it’s not exactly a cumbersome situation. The BRS has entered her “threenager” phase with elan. She changes into pajamas each time she gets home and now sheds even those to the point I kept asking my son who the naked three-year-old was running around the house. After some consultation she agreed to redon her pajamas but soon had them dangling from her shoulders. I can hear the wheels turning in my son’s head hoping this is something she outgrows before her actual teenage years. BR3 remains an absolute delight planting herself in front of me and raising her arms demanding to be picked up. We took both of them to the playground today while waiting for my wife and she looked like a marshmallow in all the cold weather gear she was enveloped in. Despite all this she loved the swings and I had to drag her, literally kicking and screaming, from the swing as we left.

BR3, AKA Marshmallow Gal This Morning
I’m starting to like these nighttime travels I’ve recently adopted. I stayed at my son’s house to spend more time with my wife and son’s family before hitting the road home tonight. I think the biggest reason for my new affinity for nocturnal driving are the nighttime sunglasses I’ve taken to wearing. I got them a couple years ago when I bought some military inspired sunglasses but I never got around to using them until recently. They’re supposed to cut down on the glare of oncoming headlights and they work! That’s critical in these times where some of the newer type headlights gleam like burning stars. I almost feel like putting on SPF50 to avoid skin incineration in their glare. Somewhere in Worcester a dermatologist is smiling after hearing that last remark.

Basement Progress
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment